In order to see what happened to your trade orders, either live or in sim, the Trade Activity Log as everything that enters , modifies, or closes all orders. The log should be filtered to only view the relevant trades. There are three Steps to sending the log: Preparation, Saving, and Attaching the log
Preparing the Log
The following steps will generate the log for the specific trades you are interested in.
- Select Trade >> Trade Activity Log on the main Sierra Chart menu.
- On the Trade Activity Log window, select the [*Trade Activity] tab from the top level menu.
- At the top left select All Activity to list both Orders and Fills.
- In the list of Symbols, select the symbol.
- If you are in Simulation the Symbol name have [Sim] in front of the name: [Sim]NQH22
- In the list of Trade Accounts, select the particular Trade Account the order was submitted to. If you are not sure of the particular Trade Account, select All Accounts
- In the case of simulated trading within Sierra Chart, these accounts will begin with Sim#.
- In the Date Range to Display >> From Date box, enter a date which is earlier than the date of the order being questioned.
- Make sure Date Range to Display >> To >> Today is checked. Note if the trade was not in the last day or so, it is better to uncheck this box and enter a Date and Time that occurs after your trade closed. (Decreases the file size.)
- In the list of Internal Order IDs make sure that All Internal Order IDs is selected.
- In the list of Notes, make sure All Notes is selected.
- Press the Apply button.
Saving the Log
The log file can now be saved as a file for emailing and analysis.In the Trade Activity Window, select File>> Save Log As and use the default name as it contains the date the file is saved:
- If you need to send more than one file per day, just add a dash and a number:
- Click Save.
- Email the Log
In your email program, attach the file located at: C:\SierraChart\SavedTradeActivity. If you sort the files by date, it will be the newest one.